Accommodation Advisory Service
Finding an accessible home can be a challenge, however PQSA has an Accommodation Advisor who can help secure suitable housing for those with a Spinal Cord Injury (SCI).
- Assistance locating accessible housing in the public, community and private sectors
- Liaison with government services, such as the South Australian Housing Trust
- Liaison with estate agents or landlords
- Representation on various committees, forums and with government agencies.
As part of our commitment to the South Australian disability community, PQSA developed two housing projects in South Australia. The homes have been planned using the principles of universal housing design to maximise accessibility and independence.
- ‘Ramsay’ located in Hillcrest, north-east of Adelaide, is a group of three homes utilised by patients of the Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre while modifications are made to their existing home, or while waiting for an accessible home to become available
- Five more accessible homes named ‘Corridale’ were built in Mt Gambier in 2010, providing vital accommodation for people with SCI. This project was a positive example of the business, Government and disability sectors working together to benefit the South Australian community.
For more information, please contact Heather Hales on (08) 8355 3500 or email@example.com
To provide feedback, please click here.