The Paraplegic & Quadriplegic Association of SA Inc. (PQSA) recognises that organisational business activities need to be managed effectively and efficiently to ensure minimal impact on the environment. PQSA acknowledges community obligations to protect the environment for future generations.
An Environmental Sustainability Committee has been established as an internal working committee of PQSA. Its purpose is to investigate, recommend and implement strategies to achieve the goals and objectives contained within the Environment and Sustainability policy.
The objectives of the Committee are to:
- Review and make recommendations on the Environment and Sustainability policy
- Develop and make recommendations on procedures to achieve policy objectives contained in the Environment and Sustainability policy
- Establish and review environmental audit plans and reports
- Set and review environmental objectives and targets
- Educate and promote awareness of environmental and sustainability initiatives to stakeholders
- Conduct periodic reviews of progress against these objectives